Modeling Portfolios - Snapshots vs. Professional
New models often ask us if they need a modeling portfolio (or what we call a "book") filled with professional photos before they start approaching modeling agencies.
The short answer is - No. You do not need professional photographs.
Simple snapshots are all you need when submitting your photographs to top modeling agencies.
Model scouts have what is called "an eye" for new talent. As professional model scouts our "eye" is trained to see the potential of the clean slate we like you to present to us. We don't want you to cover up your potential with too much makeup, special lighting or photography tricks. We want to see you!
If you already have professional photos that is fine too, however, you will often find that the agents and scouts will also ask you to submit regular snapshots as well.
Think plain snapshots don't work? Check out our discovery Laura LaRue's snapshots that she used when she first signed up with ModelScouts.com, and few of her photos after we obtained modeling contracts for her with Elite Model Management, L.A. Models, Diva Models, Singapore, and Zem Models, Japan.
Here are some tips to consider when submitting your snapshots:
- Photos should be clear and in focus
- Include at least one headshot and a full length shot
- Keep makeup to a minimum
- Keep hairstyles simple and well groomed
- Keep clothing simple and in good taste
- Include a swimsuit photo if you are comfortable wearing a swimsuit
- Do not submit nude photos
- Fancy clothing and makeup is unnecessary for kids. They should look like regular kids.
- Include any experience or training that you have
- Please do not wear fur in your photos. It is offensive to some agents and clients, and it's just wrong.
- You should be the only one in the photo
- Remember that first impressions are important
Have your snapshots viewed by agents and scouts for 100+ top modeling agencies today!
No Experience Necessary.
Author - Vanessa Helmer
JANINE M.- signed to EYE FOR I, Milan; ACTION MODELS, Greece
MARK G.- signed to KARIN MODELS, New York; JOY UOMO, Milan; FORD MODELS, Los Angeles, Toronto
EUGENE (LACY) W.- signed to BOSS MODELS, New York
COURTNEY F. - signed to FUSION MODEL MANAGEMENT, New York; CLICK MODELS, Los Angeles